- Football Sterling Heights Stevenson 35 Utica Ford 7 10/02
- Football Romeo 26 Macomb Dakota 14 10/02
- Boys soccer Macomb Dakota 1 L'Anse Creuse North 1 9/30
- Boys soccer Utica Eisenhower 2 Utica 0 9/30
- Boys soccer Troy 1 Troy Athens 0 9/29
- Volleyball Notre Dame Prep 3 Marian 1 9/29
- Boys soccer Utica Eisenhower 2 Chippewa Valley 0 9/28
- Boys tennis Brother Rice 6 Grosse Pointe South 2 9/28
Clinton Township, Warren
Warren Mott takes down Chippewa Valley
January 16, 2014
Kenny Goins set the tone of the night with two highlight dunks early in the first quarter as he paced Warren Mott to a 74-67 victory against Chippewa Valley on Thursday night.
Goins finished the game with 29 points, 17 rebounds and five blocks to lead the Marauders.
"That's what we expect out of Kenny (Goins). He's just that kind of player that every night if he's not giving 15 and 15 then you're surprised. He's got a great motor and goes after it," Mott coach Jeff Olind said.
Mott jumped out to a 12-3 lead to start the game, then after Chippewa quickly tied the game, the two teams played within five points of each other until Mott pulled away in the closing moments.
Derek Murphy scored 20 points and had 10 rebounds for Mott before he fouled out late in the fourth quarter. Stef Johnson added 14 points and seven assists.
Trey Moore scored 15 points to lead Chippewa, while DeVonne Brooks and Sean Bunting each added 14.
Mott (4-3) will travel to Grosse Pointe North for its next game on Jan. 22; Chippewa (3-4) will visit Cousino that same night.
October 05, 2015
Romeo remained undefeated by defeating Macomb Dakota 26-14 in a Macomb Area Conference crossover that paired two of the top-ranked teams in Michigan. Romeo’s defense came into the game having surrendered just 13 points all season, and helped seal the win with a safety and interception return for touchdown by Brad Tanner in the fourth quarter. Romeo earned its first win against Dakota since 2010.