- Boys Football Dakota 27 Chippewa Valley 24 9/04
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Quick start helps Clawson soccer team roll past Tower 4-1 in MAC Gold action
September 18, 2013
WARREN — The attack was immediate and consistent.
The result was just what Jared Kullman was hoping for.
“The guys played real well, and to come out and get the kind of start we did was real important,” the Clawson High soccer coach said after his guys beat Warren Woods Tower 4-1 Wednesday night at Tower. “We were able to get up early and then focus on the things we wanted to do. That was real key.”
Clawson wasted little time taking hold of the game.
Andrew Hasley scored just a couple minutes into regulation, and then Nathan Cote added a pair of goals to give the Trojans a 3-0 lead by halftime.
Cote scored again in the second half to make it 4-0, but Tower’s Nick Andary broke up the shutout with his goal at the 79:20 mark of the game.
“We wanted the shutout, especially for (goaltender Nikalas Stepnitz,” Kullman said with a smile.
Tower coach Joe Pysh said his team just wasn’t ready right off the bat.
“You can’t come out slow the way we did,” he said. “When you get down right away, it’s mentally tough. … I thought once we got to the half, we were able to regroup and started to play better. We matched them in the second half, and that was good to see.”
Clawson, the defending Macomb Area Conference Gold Division champ, keeps its division record perfect at 4-0-0. The Trojans are 6-4-0, overall.
“I like the way we’re playing right now,” Kullman said. “I like a lot of what we saw here tonight.”
Tower, now 3-6-2 overall, falls to 1-2-2 in the Gold.