Published October 16, 2013
Lutheran North girls golf team qualifies for state finals
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
The Macomb Lutheran North girls golf team finished second at a 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 4 regional tournament and qualified for the MHSAA D-4 state finals.
The Mustangs shot a 384 at the regional, which took place Oct. 9 at the West Shores Country Club in Grosse Ile. Grosse Ile tallied a 343 to win the regional. Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard notched a 402 to round out the top three.
Macomb Dakota shot a 381 to finish fifth.
The D-4 state finals took place after press time at the Bedford Valley Golf Course in Battle Creek. See next week’s paper for more information on the Lutheran North golf team.
Mustangs junior Katie Humphrey led Lutheran North at the regional with an 89. Senior Miranda Weatherly shot a 90 for the Mustangs, while freshman Sydney Martens, sophomore Grace McKelvey and junior Kelly Murdock shot 101, 104 and 105, respectively, at the regional.
Macomb L’Anse Creuse North junior Megan Sarotte shot an 86 at a 2013 MHSAA D-1 regional Oct. 11 at the Dearborn Country Club to qualify for the D-1 state finals, which took place after press time at Michigan State University, as an individual.
The top three teams and individuals at each regional qualified for the state finals.
For more on how Sarotte performed at the state finals, see next week’s paper.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Brother Rice struggles in opener but earns split at Divine Child in Saturday baseball action - Birmingham
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- South Lake girls soccer coach hopes to keep league title streak alive - St. Clair Shores
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak