St. Clair Shores
Published October 15, 2013
International disc golf competition coming to St. Clair Shores
By Jason Carmel Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Jason on Twitter.
ST. CLAIR SHORES — A disc golf event that markets itself as the biggest in the sport is coming to St. Clair Shores this weekend.
The Ace Race will take place at Brys Park, off of Harper and three blocks north of 8 Mile, from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Oct. 19. Discraft, the authority in disc sports, on its website calls the Ace Race a golbal event. The race takes place each year and goes from August to November, according to www.discraft.com.
Eric McCahill, coordinating the event, said his goal is to break the record for most players at a disc golf event, which is 309 during a tournament in Minnesota. Currently, McCahill said, 322 players have registered for the Oct. 19 event.
Prizes and awards will be handed out at the conclusion of the games.
Registration remains open for the games. For more information and to register, check http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Brys_Ace_Race_3_Presented_by_Sh....
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak