Auburn Hills, Battle Creek, Berkley, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Center Line, Chesterfield Township, Clarkston, Clawson, Clinton Township, Commerce Township, Dearborn, Detroit, Eastpointe, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Franklin, Fraser, Grosse Pointe City, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Shores, Grosse Pointe Woods, Grosse Pointes, Harper Woods, Harrison Township, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Keego Harbor, Lake Orion, Lansing, Lathrup Village, Livonia, Macomb County, Macomb Township, Madison Heights, Metro Detroit, Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, New Haven, Northeast Detroit, Novi, Oak Park, Oakland County, Oakland Township, Orchard Lake, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac, Ray Township, Rochester, Rochester Hills, Romeo, Roseville, Royal Oak, Royal Oak Township, Shelby Township, Southfield, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Sylvan Lake, Troy, Utica, Walled Lake, Warren, Washington Township, Wayne County, West Bloomfield
Published July 17, 2013
Detroit Pistons to hold auditions for dance team
By Mark Vest firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Mark on Twitter.
AUBURN HILLS — The Detroit Pistons dance team is looking for dancers who are talented, outgoing and energetic when auditions are held for the 2013-14 Detroit Pistons Dancers July 21-22, according to a release.
Dancers will be judged on dance ability, athleticism, personality, self-confidence, and the ability to be a team player. Participants must be 18 years old or older by Oct. 1.
All participants are required to wear dance attire and must submit a headshot and resume at registration.
Registration is scheduled for 8 a.m. July 21 in the West Atrium of The Palace of Auburn Hills, with initial auditions scheduled for 9 a.m.
The preliminary round consists of two sets of choreography — one jazz routine and one hip-hop routine.
Dancers will learn the first routine and audition in groups of eight in front of a panel of judges before the first cuts are made. Dancers will then learn a second routine and audition in smaller groups in front of the judges.
Dancers who make it through the final round of cuts advance to the semi-final, which are scheduled to be held July 22 at Great Lakes Golf & Sports Complex in Auburn Hills. Registration for the semifinals is 5:30 p.m., with auditions at 6 p.m.
For more information, go to www.nba.com/pistons/dance.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Brother Rice struggles in opener but earns split at Divine Child in Saturday baseball action - Birmingham
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- South Lake girls soccer coach hopes to keep league title streak alive - St. Clair Shores
- Cousino lacrosse having a breakout season - Warren
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak