- Boys Football Dakota PPD Chippewa Valley PPD 9/03
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Mount Clemens, Warren
Bathers get the better of Abes in Gold showdown
January 14, 2014
WARREN — In a battle of teams looking to pick up their first win inside the Macomb Area Conference Gold Division, the Mount Clemens girls basketball team downed Warren Lincoln 33-17 in a matchup played Jan. 14 at Lincoln.
The Bathers, 4-3 overall, 1-2 MAC Gold, led from start to finish and jumped out to a 10-1 lead going into the second quarter. The Abes (0-7, 0-3 MAC Gold) made a bit of a run in the second stanza to cut the lead to six at 15-9 at halftime. Lincoln got no closer than four the rest of the way.
Mount Clemens held Lincoln to eight second half points.
"Any time you can get a win, especially a win in your division, is a good time," Bathers coach Jason Monk said. "We've got a lot of young players playing big minutes, so this is a good win for their confidence."
Mount Clemens overcame a number of miscues to pick up the win. The Bathers turned the ball over 15 times — 12 in the final three quarters. Lincoln committed 20 turnovers.
"That's something we're working on," said Monk, whose team allowed 18.5 points less than its regular-season average of 35.5. "We just have to make better decisions with the ball."
Freshman guard Rosalyn Williams led Mount Clemens with 18 points.
Junior guard Bianca Mercado netted eight points for Lincoln.
The Bathers next hit the court for a matchup against Marysville, set for 5:30 p.m. Jan. 16 at Marysville.
The Abes next matchup is also a road game at Marysville, slated for 7 p.m. Jan. 17 at Marysville.