Published December 9, 2013
Woman found dead in Warren home
By Brian Louwers firstname.lastname@example.org
Warren detectives were following several investigative leads Dec. 9, less than 24 hours after a woman was found dead inside the home she rented south of Nine Mile Road and east of Dequindre.
A family member reportedly found the body of Shalisa Lemia O’Dell, 25, inside the home on Garrick at noon Dec. 8. Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green said O’Dell apparently suffered a head wound and was found on the living room floor by a cousin who arrived to check on her.
“Some family members, including her dad, were concerned about her well-being because she hadn’t been heard from in a few days,” Green said. “The cousin who actually discovered the body was watching (O’Dell’s) 2-year-old son.”
Green said the cousin went to O’Dell’s home and entered through a back window when O'Dell didn’t answer the door. The cousin called 911 when she found O’Dell on the floor inside.
“It appeared there was a struggle. There was a lot of blood at the scene,” Green said. “It doesn’t appear to be a robbery. The preliminary indications are there was blunt force trauma to the head. We haven’t ruled out a sexual assault.”
An autopsy was scheduled for Dec. 9.
Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said investigators were working to establish a timeline to determine when O’Dell was last heard from or seen. Mills said it could have been as long as five days before her body was found.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley