Woman dead, four injured in car crash on 19 Mile
October 3, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One woman was killed and four others injured after a two-car crash Sept. 28, on 19 Mile Road near Dalcoma Drive in Clinton Township.
All of the occupants were taken by ambulance to Henry Ford Macomb Hospital nearby on 19 Mile, Clinton Township Police Lt. Raymund Macksoud said in a news release.
The 30-year-old woman, Clinton Township resident Jennifer Palmer, was pronounced dead at the hospital at about 4:40 p.m. Sept. 28.
Palmer was driving a Ford Fusion in the right lane of eastbound 19 Mile at about 1:20 p.m. when she was struck on the driver’s side by a westbound Chevy SUV that had crossed the center lane and went into her lane. Police said that the driver of the Chevy SUV is a 34-year-old man from Clinton Township.
Lt. Anthony Greene said on Oct. 1 that no autopsy had yet been conducted. It’s unclear whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the fatal accident, and the names of the four injured people had not been released at press time.
“We are continuing the investigation and looking at the development of possible charges,” Greene said.
About the author
Nick Mordowanec covers Fraser, Clinton Township, Fraser School District, Clintondale Community Schools and Baker College for the Fraser-Clinton Chronicle. Nick has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2013 and graduated from Michigan State University. He has slight obsessions with sports, Seinfeld and Led Zeppelin.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville