Clinton TownshipOctober 3, 2013
Woman dead, four injured in car crash on 19 Mile
By Nick Mordowanec
C & G Staff Writer
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One woman was killed and four others injured after a two-car crash Sept. 28, on 19 Mile Road near Dalcoma Drive in Clinton Township.
All of the occupants were taken by ambulance to Henry Ford Macomb Hospital nearby on 19 Mile, Clinton Township Police Lt. Raymund Macksoud said in a news release.
The 30-year-old woman, Clinton Township resident Jennifer Palmer, was pronounced dead at the hospital at about 4:40 p.m. Sept. 28.
Palmer was driving a Ford Fusion in the right lane of eastbound 19 Mile at about 1:20 p.m. when she was struck on the driver’s side by a westbound Chevy SUV that had crossed the center lane and went into her lane. Police said that the driver of the Chevy SUV is a 34-year-old man from Clinton Township.
Lt. Anthony Greene said on Oct. 1 that no autopsy had yet been conducted. It’s unclear whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the fatal accident, and the names of the four injured people had not been released at press time.
“We are continuing the investigation and looking at the development of possible charges,” Greene said.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Voters approve human rights ordinance - Royal Oak
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape