Published October 3, 2013
Woman dead, four injured in car crash on 19 Mile
By Nick Mordowanec email@example.com
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One woman was killed and four others injured after a two-car crash Sept. 28, on 19 Mile Road near Dalcoma Drive in Clinton Township.
All of the occupants were taken by ambulance to Henry Ford Macomb Hospital nearby on 19 Mile, Clinton Township Police Lt. Raymund Macksoud said in a news release.
The 30-year-old woman, Clinton Township resident Jennifer Palmer, was pronounced dead at the hospital at about 4:40 p.m. Sept. 28.
Palmer was driving a Ford Fusion in the right lane of eastbound 19 Mile at about 1:20 p.m. when she was struck on the driver’s side by a westbound Chevy SUV that had crossed the center lane and went into her lane. Police said that the driver of the Chevy SUV is a 34-year-old man from Clinton Township.
Lt. Anthony Greene said on Oct. 1 that no autopsy had yet been conducted. It’s unclear whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the fatal accident, and the names of the four injured people had not been released at press time.
“We are continuing the investigation and looking at the development of possible charges,” Greene said.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Dozens file for Warren city offices as lawsuit lingers - Warren
- List of intersection accident data released - Metro Detroit
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson