WBSD to host Family Fun Night
Published September 18, 2013
WEST BLOOMFIELD — Saluting U.S. military, police and fire heroes, the West Bloomfield School District will hold its third annual Family Fun Night at West Bloomfield High School Friday, Sept. 20, prior to the 7 p.m. football game against Rochester High School.
The community-sponsored event is free to West Bloomfield families and begins at 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, West Bloomfield Strong!, highlights a surge in partnerships among the West Bloomfield community and organizations, said Pamela Zajac, public relations and marketing coordinator for the school district.
“We’ve always talked about Laker Pride, and this year, we were talking about the pride in West Bloomfield and to show the strength of the community because we are all working together and connecting,” she said.
Activities will include an inflatable football toss, dunk tanks, face painting, a rock-climbing wall, dog tags made for attendees by the U.S. military and an F-16 fighter jet where kids can be photographed.
Armed forces personnel, police officers and firefighters will be displaying rescue vehicles, a fire engine, a patrol boat and military vehicles for families to tour.
Following the family fun, a tribute ceremony will take place at 6:45 p.m. for service members.
Entry to the football game is free for elementary and middle school students wearing their school spirit, and $5 for adults.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights