WEST BLOOMFIELD — Saluting U.S. military, police and fire heroes, the West Bloomfield School District will hold its third annual Family Fun Night at West Bloomfield High School Friday, Sept. 20, prior to the 7 p.m. football game against Rochester High School.
The community-sponsored event is free to West Bloomfield families and begins at 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, West Bloomfield Strong!, highlights a surge in partnerships among the West Bloomfield community and organizations, said Pamela Zajac, public relations and marketing coordinator for the school district.
“We’ve always talked about Laker Pride, and this year, we were talking about the pride in West Bloomfield and to show the strength of the community because we are all working together and connecting,” she said.
Activities will include an inflatable football toss, dunk tanks, face painting, a rock-climbing wall, dog tags made for attendees by the U.S. military and an F-16 fighter jet where kids can be photographed.
Armed forces personnel, police officers and firefighters will be displaying rescue vehicles, a fire engine, a patrol boat and military vehicles for families to tour.
Following the family fun, a tribute ceremony will take place at 6:45 p.m. for service members.
Entry to the football game is free for elementary and middle school students wearing their school spirit, and $5 for adults.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Scrivo sentenced to life without parole - St. Clair Shores
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township