WBSD to host Family Fun Night
September 18, 2013
WEST BLOOMFIELD — Saluting U.S. military, police and fire heroes, the West Bloomfield School District will hold its third annual Family Fun Night at West Bloomfield High School Friday, Sept. 20, prior to the 7 p.m. football game against Rochester High School.
The community-sponsored event is free to West Bloomfield families and begins at 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, West Bloomfield Strong!, highlights a surge in partnerships among the West Bloomfield community and organizations, said Pamela Zajac, public relations and marketing coordinator for the school district.
“We’ve always talked about Laker Pride, and this year, we were talking about the pride in West Bloomfield and to show the strength of the community because we are all working together and connecting,” she said.
Activities will include an inflatable football toss, dunk tanks, face painting, a rock-climbing wall, dog tags made for attendees by the U.S. military and an F-16 fighter jet where kids can be photographed.
Armed forces personnel, police officers and firefighters will be displaying rescue vehicles, a fire engine, a patrol boat and military vehicles for families to tour.
Following the family fun, a tribute ceremony will take place at 6:45 p.m. for service members.
Entry to the football game is free for elementary and middle school students wearing their school spirit, and $5 for adults.
About the author
Staff Writer Cari DeLamielleure-Scott covers West Bloomfield, Orchard Lake, Keego Harbor, Sylvan Lake and the West Bloomfield Schools and Walled Lake Community Schools districts for the Beacon. Cari has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2013 and attended Madonna University.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights