Vehicle filled with prescriptions and checks stolen at Meijer
October 7, 2013
ROYAL OAK — Police are offering a $2,000 reward for anyone with information leading to the arrest and conviction of suspects involved in the theft of a van filled with $20,000 worth of prescriptions Sept. 24.
Police released photographs Oct. 3 of two men they have labeled as subjects of interest, hoping someone in the public could identify them.
“They are people we want to talk to, to see if they have any information they can give us,” said Lt. Dave Clemens, of the Royal Oak Police Department.
Police said a dark green 1998 Pontiac Montana with Michigan license plate G7953H was stolen from the Meijer parking lot located at 5150 Coolidge Road.
The driver of the vehicle was making a delivery of prescription drugs when unknown suspects stole the vehicle.
Officials said the driver parked the vehicle in front of the entrance doors and left it unlocked with the engine running while he entered Meijer to make the delivery. When he returned, he saw the delivery van pull away, exit the parking lot and head south on Coolidge Road, police said.
Clemens explained the time difference between the date of the incident and the date they released the photographs.
“We were following up on any possible leads before we wanted to ask for assistance from the public,” he said.
The stolen vehicle contained several prescription drugs including Vicodin and animal tranquilizers, plus payroll checks valued at more than $30,000, police said.
Police said that their first subject of interest was wearing brown boots, blue jeans, a blue shirt with a white undershirt, a gray and blue Champion jacket and a black and red baseball cap with a “C” on it.
Subject No. 2 was described as wearing black shoes, black pants, a black shirt, a black hooded jacket with a red hood and an Atlanta Braves baseball hat. Police said the second subject also appeared to be missing a front left tooth.
The Royal Oak Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding the incident or the identity of the individuals in the photos to call (248) 246-3500. Police ask those calling to reference report No. 13-28939.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Motorcylist dies shortly after collision on Gratiot Avenue - Clinton Township
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit