Two drivers injured in car crash on Clinton River Road
October 17, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One driver is in stable condition while another is in intensive care after a car crash that occurred on Clinton River Road.
At approximately 11:34 a.m. on Oct. 16, a 19-year-old male driver of a green Honda sedan was traveling east on Clinton River Road toward Romeo Plank. The driver lost control on the curve and entered westbound Clinton River sideways, colliding with a full-size red Econoline van heading westbound. The Honda was struck directly on its driver side doors.
The driver of the Econoline is a 62-year-old man said to be in stable condition. Capt. Richard Maierle said that the 19-year-old male is in critical condition.
Both drivers are Clinton Township residents and were being treated at McLaren Macomb Hospital at press time. It is unknown whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash, although speed may have been a contributing factor.
At press time there were no names disclosed and no thorough explanation of injuries. Witnesses or anyone having pertinent information associated with the accident are instructed to contact the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7802 or Lt. Raymund Macksoud at (586) 493-7933.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township