Two drivers injured in car crash on Clinton River Road
October 17, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One driver is in stable condition while another is in intensive care after a car crash that occurred on Clinton River Road.
At approximately 11:34 a.m. on Oct. 16, a 19-year-old male driver of a green Honda sedan was traveling east on Clinton River Road toward Romeo Plank. The driver lost control on the curve and entered westbound Clinton River sideways, colliding with a full-size red Econoline van heading westbound. The Honda was struck directly on its driver side doors.
The driver of the Econoline is a 62-year-old man said to be in stable condition. Capt. Richard Maierle said that the 19-year-old male is in critical condition.
Both drivers are Clinton Township residents and were being treated at McLaren Macomb Hospital at press time. It is unknown whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash, although speed may have been a contributing factor.
At press time there were no names disclosed and no thorough explanation of injuries. Witnesses or anyone having pertinent information associated with the accident are instructed to contact the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7802 or Lt. Raymund Macksoud at (586) 493-7933.
About the author
Nick Mordowanec covers Fraser, Clinton Township, Fraser School District, Clintondale Community Schools and Baker College for the Fraser-Clinton Chronicle. Nick has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2013 and graduated from Michigan State University. He has slight obsessions with sports, Seinfeld and Led Zeppelin.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville