The Southfield Police Department is investigating a shooting that took place over the weekend at Hawthorn Suites, located at 26700 Central Park Blvd., near 11 Mile and Evergreen roads.
Officers responded to a call alleging that gunshots were heard at the hotel at around 1:15 a.m. Nov. 2, according to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department. Officers at the scene found multiple bullet casings in the area and spoke to several individuals, whom they found in two different rooms during the investigation, he said.
“All of those individuals denied knowing anything about the incident,” Loussia explained, noting that each subject was identified. “While conducting the investigation, the department got a call from the Royal Oak Police Department that a possible gunshot victim had arrived at Beaumont Hospital.”
Additional Southfield officers were dispatched to the emergency room, where the 17-year-old Detroit resident was being treated for a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his back, according to the report.
“He advised officers that he was leaving a party at that location, and while he and a friend were talking to some girls, they observed a black Chevy Monte Carlo drive by,” Loussia said. “As they did so, shots were fired out of the window. The victim does not believe he was the intended target.”
Police say they are still unsure who the intended target was, but it was determined that more than half a dozen shots were fired in the incident, according to Loussia. At press time, the victim was in stable condition, and the Southfield Police Department is still investigating the matter.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Nurse anesthetists to host Ether Day Frolic 5K at River Bends Park - Shelby Township
- Commission candidates share priorities at forum - Bloomfield Hills
- Traffic study closes lanes on service drive, Main Street near Woodward - Pleasant Ridge
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township