Suspect sought in party store homicide
Published December 29, 2013
Farmington Hills police are on the lookout for a robbery suspect possibly connected to a homicide that occurred earlier Dec. 28 at Tom’s Party Store, 20925 Inkster Road, officials said.
At about 12:30 p.m., police officers prepared to assist another police agency with an armed robbery in which the victim, a store clerk, had been shot, according to a police press release.
While driving to the area to assist, a Farmington Hills officer was flagged down by a witness who said the robbery had occurred at the store on Inkster Road, north of Eight Mile Road.
The suspect is described as a black man, approximately 6 feet tall and 180 pounds, wearing a dark-green jacket and a winter hat.
According to the press release, the witness said he had walked into the party store and saw a man walking out. The witness then discovered that the clerk had been shot.
Officers searched for the suspect, Sgt. John Piggott said. A police K-9 unit and police helicopters were called to the scene to assist.
Piggott said that there is no further information to report.
“(There is) nothing as of now. We still have officers down on the scene processing, and investigators are still working,” Piggott said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Farmington Hills Police Department Command Desk at (248) 871-2610.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Local church program expands to transitional housing projects in Detroit - Hazel Park
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township