Farmington Hills police are on the lookout for a robbery suspect possibly connected to a homicide that occurred earlier Dec. 28 at Tom’s Party Store, 20925 Inkster Road, officials said.
At about 12:30 p.m., police officers prepared to assist another police agency with an armed robbery in which the victim, a store clerk, had been shot, according to a police press release.
While driving to the area to assist, a Farmington Hills officer was flagged down by a witness who said the robbery had occurred at the store on Inkster Road, north of Eight Mile Road.
The suspect is described as a black man, approximately 6 feet tall and 180 pounds, wearing a dark-green jacket and a winter hat.
According to the press release, the witness said he had walked into the party store and saw a man walking out. The witness then discovered that the clerk had been shot.
Officers searched for the suspect, Sgt. John Piggott said. A police K-9 unit and police helicopters were called to the scene to assist.
Piggott said that there is no further information to report.
“(There is) nothing as of now. We still have officers down on the scene processing, and investigators are still working,” Piggott said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Farmington Hills Police Department Command Desk at (248) 871-2610.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township