Shots allegedly fired at a vehicle are being blamed for injuring a 49-year-old Sterling Heights woman, police said.
According to police, the woman was reportedly hit at around 9:30 p.m. Nov. 25 in the 40000 block of Kraft Drive, which is located near Ryan Road, north of 17 Mile Road.
According to the woman’s husband, she had gone on a shopping trip. The man told police that the woman’s vehicle was fired at, but the report did not indicate whether the woman was inside or outside the vehicle at the time.
Police said the women had been hit twice, and she received what police described as “minor wounds.” Police did not say where on her body she sustained the injuries, but the incident reportedly led her husband to call 911.
Neither Sterling Heights police Lt. Luke Riley nor Lt. Kevin Reese could be reached for comment by press time. Police said in a statement that their Investigations Unit is handling the case, which is in its preliminary stages. Police added that a “heavy language barrier” makes the investigation more challenging.
Anyone who has more information on this incident may call the Sterling Heights Police Department at (586) 446-2800.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township