Shots allegedly fired at a vehicle are being blamed for injuring a 49-year-old Sterling Heights woman, police said.
According to police, the woman was reportedly hit at around 9:30 p.m. Nov. 25 in the 40000 block of Kraft Drive, which is located near Ryan Road, north of 17 Mile Road.
According to the woman’s husband, she had gone on a shopping trip. The man told police that the woman’s vehicle was fired at, but the report did not indicate whether the woman was inside or outside the vehicle at the time.
Police said the women had been hit twice, and she received what police described as “minor wounds.” Police did not say where on her body she sustained the injuries, but the incident reportedly led her husband to call 911.
Neither Sterling Heights police Lt. Luke Riley nor Lt. Kevin Reese could be reached for comment by press time. Police said in a statement that their Investigations Unit is handling the case, which is in its preliminary stages. Police added that a “heavy language barrier” makes the investigation more challenging.
Anyone who has more information on this incident may call the Sterling Heights Police Department at (586) 446-2800.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township