WARREN — Warren police said a 45-year-old Sterling Heights man was killed in a midday motorcycle crash at Mound and Chicago roads Sept. 29.
According to Detective Lt. Heidi Metz of the Warren Police Department, the victim, whose name was not immediately released pending notification of family members, died after the motorcycle he was operating on northbound Mound struck a car going east on Chicago Road at about 11:20 a.m.
“A witness that was stopped at the light said the motorcycle did not stop at the light,” Metz said. “He hit the car.”
The driver of the Cadillac CTS that was struck by the motorcycle was not injured.
The crash was the latest in a string of fatal crashes involving motorcycles in Warren since June.
Michigan State Police investigators said a 54-year-old St. Clair Shores man was killed June 1 when the motorcycle he was operating struck the median on eastbound I-696 near Dequindre. No other vehicles were involved.
A 58-year-old Washington Township man was killed July 17 as he was reportedly riding home on a motorcycle from his job at Warren’s U.S. Army Detroit Arsenal and was struck head-on by another vehicle near Van Dyke and Chicago Road. The driver of the Jeep that struck him allegedly crossed the center turn lane into oncoming traffic and was later charged with driving on a suspended license causing death and leaving the scene of an accident. The case remains pending in Macomb County Circuit Court.
On Sept. 8, a 74-year-old Madison Heights man died after he apparently lost control of his motorcycle and struck a curb near 13 Mile and Chicago roads. No other vehicles were involved.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township