Sterling Heights man killed in motorcycle crash
Published September 30, 2013
WARREN — Warren police said a 45-year-old Sterling Heights man was killed in a midday motorcycle crash at Mound and Chicago roads Sept. 29.
According to Detective Lt. Heidi Metz of the Warren Police Department, the victim, whose name was not immediately released pending notification of family members, died after the motorcycle he was operating on northbound Mound struck a car going east on Chicago Road at about 11:20 a.m.
“A witness that was stopped at the light said the motorcycle did not stop at the light,” Metz said. “He hit the car.”
The driver of the Cadillac CTS that was struck by the motorcycle was not injured.
The crash was the latest in a string of fatal crashes involving motorcycles in Warren since June.
Michigan State Police investigators said a 54-year-old St. Clair Shores man was killed June 1 when the motorcycle he was operating struck the median on eastbound I-696 near Dequindre. No other vehicles were involved.
A 58-year-old Washington Township man was killed July 17 as he was reportedly riding home on a motorcycle from his job at Warren’s U.S. Army Detroit Arsenal and was struck head-on by another vehicle near Van Dyke and Chicago Road. The driver of the Jeep that struck him allegedly crossed the center turn lane into oncoming traffic and was later charged with driving on a suspended license causing death and leaving the scene of an accident. The case remains pending in Macomb County Circuit Court.
On Sept. 8, a 74-year-old Madison Heights man died after he apparently lost control of his motorcycle and struck a curb near 13 Mile and Chicago roads. No other vehicles were involved.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Local church program expands to transitional housing projects in Detroit - Hazel Park
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township