The Michigan State Police is investigating a crash on eastbound Interstate 94, at Masonic Boulevard, that left a 19-year-old Eastpointe man in critical condition Jan. 20.
According to an MSP press release, the state police were dispatched to assist Roseville police officers with a potentially fatal crash at approximately 7 a.m. Prior to the serious-injury crash, a pickup truck going eastbound on I-94 had struck the right median wall. The driver, the 19-year-old from Eastpointe, had exited the vehicle and was standing next to it, and Roseville police were blocking traffic to warn drivers while writing the accident report.
While that was happening, a second two-vehicle crash occurred behind the patrol car, a third vehicle swerved to avoid the second crash, and that vehicle drove around the patrol car and hit the pickup truck, crushing the driver between the truck and the wall, the MSP report said. The pickup truck driver was taken to the hospital and remained in critical condition Jan. 21, but he was expected to survive, according to state police.
The state police are investigating the third crash and do not believe alcohol is a factor. The Roseville Police Department directed questions to the MSP regarding the investigation.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township