The Michigan State Police is investigating a crash on eastbound Interstate 94, at Masonic Boulevard, that left a 19-year-old Eastpointe man in critical condition Jan. 20.
According to an MSP press release, the state police were dispatched to assist Roseville police officers with a potentially fatal crash at approximately 7 a.m. Prior to the serious-injury crash, a pickup truck going eastbound on I-94 had struck the right median wall. The driver, the 19-year-old from Eastpointe, had exited the vehicle and was standing next to it, and Roseville police were blocking traffic to warn drivers while writing the accident report.
While that was happening, a second two-vehicle crash occurred behind the patrol car, a third vehicle swerved to avoid the second crash, and that vehicle drove around the patrol car and hit the pickup truck, crushing the driver between the truck and the wall, the MSP report said. The pickup truck driver was taken to the hospital and remained in critical condition Jan. 21, but he was expected to survive, according to state police.
The state police are investigating the third crash and do not believe alcohol is a factor. The Roseville Police Department directed questions to the MSP regarding the investigation.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township