WARREN — Police said a suspect with a knack for keeping his face off camera robbed the Speedway gas station on 12 Mile Road east of Mound late on March 9.
“He kept his head down the entire time,” said Warren Police Detective Kevin Dailey, the officer in charge of the case. “He waited by a point in the store where only his back was on camera until everyone else left and then he approached the clerk and stuck his finger in his pocket like he had a gun.”
Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz said the man, described as white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 130 pounds, came into the store at about 11:30 p.m. and waited for his opportunity to announce the robbery. The suspect was reportedly wearing a black coat, a brown hat and blue jeans.
“There were two employees working at the time. One employee walked into the back room. That’s when he approached the counter,” Metz said. “He said, ‘Give me all the money.’”
No weapon was seen during the robbery. The employee told police the suspect fled west along 12 Mile on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police are hoping someone with knowledge of the robbery will come forward with additional information.
“He was really surveillance camera conscious,” Dailey said. “He kept his head down the whole time.”
Anyone with information about the robbery can reach Dailey at (586) 574-4835
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods