WARREN — Police said a suspect with a knack for keeping his face off camera robbed the Speedway gas station on 12 Mile Road east of Mound late on March 9.
“He kept his head down the entire time,” said Warren Police Detective Kevin Dailey, the officer in charge of the case. “He waited by a point in the store where only his back was on camera until everyone else left and then he approached the clerk and stuck his finger in his pocket like he had a gun.”
Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz said the man, described as white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 130 pounds, came into the store at about 11:30 p.m. and waited for his opportunity to announce the robbery. The suspect was reportedly wearing a black coat, a brown hat and blue jeans.
“There were two employees working at the time. One employee walked into the back room. That’s when he approached the counter,” Metz said. “He said, ‘Give me all the money.’”
No weapon was seen during the robbery. The employee told police the suspect fled west along 12 Mile on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police are hoping someone with knowledge of the robbery will come forward with additional information.
“He was really surveillance camera conscious,” Dailey said. “He kept his head down the whole time.”
Anyone with information about the robbery can reach Dailey at (586) 574-4835
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Court pushes back exam dates for crash survivors - Romeo
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Experts weigh in on the proper use of roundabouts - Southfield
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit