WARREN — Police said a suspect with a knack for keeping his face off camera robbed the Speedway gas station on 12 Mile Road east of Mound late on March 9.
“He kept his head down the entire time,” said Warren Police Detective Kevin Dailey, the officer in charge of the case. “He waited by a point in the store where only his back was on camera until everyone else left and then he approached the clerk and stuck his finger in his pocket like he had a gun.”
Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz said the man, described as white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 130 pounds, came into the store at about 11:30 p.m. and waited for his opportunity to announce the robbery. The suspect was reportedly wearing a black coat, a brown hat and blue jeans.
“There were two employees working at the time. One employee walked into the back room. That’s when he approached the counter,” Metz said. “He said, ‘Give me all the money.’”
No weapon was seen during the robbery. The employee told police the suspect fled west along 12 Mile on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police are hoping someone with knowledge of the robbery will come forward with additional information.
“He was really surveillance camera conscious,” Dailey said. “He kept his head down the whole time.”
Anyone with information about the robbery can reach Dailey at (586) 574-4835
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township