A Roseville police officer was arrested by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Sept. 16 as part of a probe into steroid and performance-enhancing drug abuse.
Officer Gregory Moore was arraigned in 40th District Court in St. Clair Shores Sept. 24 on two counts of felony drug possession and one count of maintaining a drug house.
“Each of those are four-year felonies,” Roseville Police Chief James Berlin said.
According to a press release from the Roseville Police Department, Moore has been placed on unpaid administrative leave pending the results of the DEA criminal investigation and an internal investigation, both of which are ongoing. Berlin said he did not know how long the DEA investigation has been going on.
Rich Isaacson, Detroit DEA public information officer, said that since it's an ongoing investigation, he can only confirm that the DEA had an active role in the investigation.
Moore’s attorney, Martha Champine, declined to issue a comment Sept. 26. Moore, a 10-year Police Department veteran, has a preliminary exam at 8:15 a.m. Oct. 4.
- 30 DAYS
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- Phase two of sewer relief projects approved by Board - Clinton Township
- Help your car stand the heat - Metro Detroit
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township