Roseville officer charged in steroid probe
By Kevin Bunch
September 26, 2013
A Roseville police officer was arrested by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Sept. 16 as part of a probe into steroid and performance-enhancing drug abuse.
Officer Gregory Moore was arraigned in 40th District Court in St. Clair Shores Sept. 24 on two counts of felony drug possession and one count of maintaining a drug house.
“Each of those are four-year felonies,” Roseville Police Chief James Berlin said.
According to a press release from the Roseville Police Department, Moore has been placed on unpaid administrative leave pending the results of the DEA criminal investigation and an internal investigation, both of which are ongoing. Berlin said he did not know how long the DEA investigation has been going on.
Rich Isaacson, Detroit DEA public information officer, said that since it's an ongoing investigation, he can only confirm that the DEA had an active role in the investigation.
Moore’s attorney, Martha Champine, declined to issue a comment Sept. 26. Moore, a 10-year Police Department veteran, has a preliminary exam at 8:15 a.m. Oct. 4.
About the author
Staff Writer Kevin Bunch covers the communities of Eastpointe and Roseville, as well as Roseville Community Schools and East Detroit Public Schools. He has worked at C&G Newspapers since 2013, and is a graduate of Wayne State University and Henry Ford Community College. Kevin is also a 2015 Metcalf Institute for Marine & Environmental Reporting alumni.
- 30 DAYS
- Police warn residents of IRS phone scam - Clawson
- Fire Department seeks a few good men and women - Troy
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- Woman dies after police find her unresponsive in car - Royal Oak
- Downtown Birmingham rolls out new logo, holiday perks - Birmingham
- New women’s center focuses on pregnant teens - Eastpointe
- Holiday plays planned in Eastpointe - Eastpointe
- Ghost hunters report paranormal activity at Octagon House - Washington Township
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County