Published September 26, 2013
Roseville officer charged in steroid probe
By Kevin Bunch firstname.lastname@example.org
A Roseville police officer was arrested by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Sept. 16 as part of a probe into steroid and performance-enhancing drug abuse.
Officer Gregory Moore was arraigned in 40th District Court in St. Clair Shores Sept. 24 on two counts of felony drug possession and one count of maintaining a drug house.
“Each of those are four-year felonies,” Roseville Police Chief James Berlin said.
According to a press release from the Roseville Police Department, Moore has been placed on unpaid administrative leave pending the results of the DEA criminal investigation and an internal investigation, both of which are ongoing. Berlin said he did not know how long the DEA investigation has been going on.
Rich Isaacson, Detroit DEA public information officer, said that since it's an ongoing investigation, he can only confirm that the DEA had an active role in the investigation.
Moore’s attorney, Martha Champine, declined to issue a comment Sept. 26. Moore, a 10-year Police Department veteran, has a preliminary exam at 8:15 a.m. Oct. 4.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley