A Roseville police officer was arrested by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Sept. 16 as part of a probe into steroid and performance-enhancing drug abuse.
Officer Gregory Moore was arraigned in 40th District Court in St. Clair Shores Sept. 24 on two counts of felony drug possession and one count of maintaining a drug house.
“Each of those are four-year felonies,” Roseville Police Chief James Berlin said.
According to a press release from the Roseville Police Department, Moore has been placed on unpaid administrative leave pending the results of the DEA criminal investigation and an internal investigation, both of which are ongoing. Berlin said he did not know how long the DEA investigation has been going on.
Rich Isaacson, Detroit DEA public information officer, said that since it's an ongoing investigation, he can only confirm that the DEA had an active role in the investigation.
Moore’s attorney, Martha Champine, declined to issue a comment Sept. 26. Moore, a 10-year Police Department veteran, has a preliminary exam at 8:15 a.m. Oct. 4.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Motorcylist dies shortly after collision on Gratiot Avenue - Clinton Township
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit