ROSEVILLE — A Roseville man charged with a shooting is in police custody, and the victim is recovering with non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
According to a press release from the Roseville Police Department, John Partridge, 58, of Roseville, was allegedly in the middle of an argument with his wife at about 11 p.m. Feb. 2, which police said escalated into an assault. Partridge’s stepdaughter, 41, who lived with the couple, allegedly became involved and was assisting her mother.
The incident continued to escalate, the release said, and Partridge allegedly fired a handgun loaded with a .410 shotgun shell, which struck the daughter in the chest. Partridge had minor injuries that occurred during the daughter’s efforts to defend her mother, the release said. Partridge and the daughter were both treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
“That .410 shotgun shell, it’s like bird shot — bird pellet,” Deputy Police Chief Donald Glandon said. “So it was fortunate it didn’t strike any vital areas — rather a severe flesh wound, for lack of a better description.”
Partridge was arraigned in the 39th District Court Feb. 3 on two felony counts: felony firearm and assault with intent to do great bodily harm. If convicted, he could face a maximum of 12 years in prison.
Partridge stood silent at his arraignment, and a not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf. He retained attorney Tim Barkovic.
“We’re going to work diligently to assure that these charges are dismissed,” Barkovic said. “I do that in every case, and I’m going to do it in here.”
Partridge’s next court date is scheduled for Feb. 12.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township