ROSEVILLE — A Roseville man charged with a shooting is in police custody, and the victim is recovering with non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
According to a press release from the Roseville Police Department, John Partridge, 58, of Roseville, was allegedly in the middle of an argument with his wife at about 11 p.m. Feb. 2, which police said escalated into an assault. Partridge’s stepdaughter, 41, who lived with the couple, allegedly became involved and was assisting her mother.
The incident continued to escalate, the release said, and Partridge allegedly fired a handgun loaded with a .410 shotgun shell, which struck the daughter in the chest. Partridge had minor injuries that occurred during the daughter’s efforts to defend her mother, the release said. Partridge and the daughter were both treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
“That .410 shotgun shell, it’s like bird shot — bird pellet,” Deputy Police Chief Donald Glandon said. “So it was fortunate it didn’t strike any vital areas — rather a severe flesh wound, for lack of a better description.”
Partridge was arraigned in the 39th District Court Feb. 3 on two felony counts: felony firearm and assault with intent to do great bodily harm. If convicted, he could face a maximum of 12 years in prison.
Partridge stood silent at his arraignment, and a not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf. He retained attorney Tim Barkovic.
“We’re going to work diligently to assure that these charges are dismissed,” Barkovic said. “I do that in every case, and I’m going to do it in here.”
Partridge’s next court date is scheduled for Feb. 12.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township