ROSEVILLE — A Roseville man charged with a shooting is in police custody, and the victim is recovering with non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
According to a press release from the Roseville Police Department, John Partridge, 58, of Roseville, was allegedly in the middle of an argument with his wife at about 11 p.m. Feb. 2, which police said escalated into an assault. Partridge’s stepdaughter, 41, who lived with the couple, allegedly became involved and was assisting her mother.
The incident continued to escalate, the release said, and Partridge allegedly fired a handgun loaded with a .410 shotgun shell, which struck the daughter in the chest. Partridge had minor injuries that occurred during the daughter’s efforts to defend her mother, the release said. Partridge and the daughter were both treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
“That .410 shotgun shell, it’s like bird shot — bird pellet,” Deputy Police Chief Donald Glandon said. “So it was fortunate it didn’t strike any vital areas — rather a severe flesh wound, for lack of a better description.”
Partridge was arraigned in the 39th District Court Feb. 3 on two felony counts: felony firearm and assault with intent to do great bodily harm. If convicted, he could face a maximum of 12 years in prison.
Partridge stood silent at his arraignment, and a not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf. He retained attorney Tim Barkovic.
“We’re going to work diligently to assure that these charges are dismissed,” Barkovic said. “I do that in every case, and I’m going to do it in here.”
Partridge’s next court date is scheduled for Feb. 12.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township