The Roseville Police Department is investigating a break-in that occurred in the 27000 block of Leroy Street Nov. 22 while a resident was home.
According to Deputy Chief Donald Glandon, the burglar entered the house around 12:07 p.m. and confronted the occupant, whom the burglar then tied to a chair using materials he found around the house. Glandon said the occupant followed the usual recommendation to cooperate with a home invader, as they frequently will take what they came for and leave.
“He just came in, saw someone was home, and this was what he came up with to control the situation,” Glandon said.
A dog in the house reportedly startled the suspect, who then fled the scene in an unknown direction. Whether or not a vehicle was used also is unknown.
“As far as we know, there is only one person involved,” Glandon said.
No weapons were used, and as of the afternoon of Nov. 22, police were still investigating the incident. It is currently unknown if anything had been stolen. The occupant reportedly was not injured.
The suspect was described as a younger white male in dark camouflage pants and a plaid jacket, which might be blue and green. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Roseville Police Department at (586) 775-2100.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township