Rochester Hills, Troy
Police seek to ID man who attacked woman in park
October 30, 2013
Police believe that a man who assaulted a woman in Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills Oct. 25 knocked on doors and unlawfully entered a home in Troy before the attack.
According to Troy police, on the morning of Oct. 12, a man knocked on the door of a home in Troy and asked a young female if her parents were home. The man then walked away, but returned five minutes later and unlawfully entered the home, according to police. He reportedly stayed inside a few seconds, walked back outside, and then walked away.
In a separate incident Oct 25, a Troy resident told police that a man matching the description of the one in the Oct. 12 incident knocked on her front door at about 11 a.m. and asked for directions to Bloomer Park. She said she gave him the directions, and then he asked her if he could use her bathroom. She refused, and he left in a bright-red, two-door sports car with a large amount of chrome details and dark tinted windows, according to reports.
According to a police report, a woman was exercising on the stairs near the center of Bloomer Park, located north of Bloomer Road and east of Rochester Road, at 12:42 p.m. Oct. 25 when a strange man, matching the description of the man in the other incidents, approached her.
The man told the woman his friend had left him, and he asked the woman if she could show him the way back to a main road. After they left the steps area of the park and entered a wooded area on a side path leading to the Clinton River Trail, the man knocked the woman to the ground, the report states.
A struggle ensued, and the woman kicked the man in the shins. The man left the area and was last seen fleeing on foot. No injuries to the woman were reported. The suspect may have been trying to steal the woman’s cellphone, according to the report.
According to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, that same morning the man matching the description of the man in the attack approached another woman in Bloomer Park and asked for directions, and later chased her down as she was jogging on a trail and asked her where she had parked. The woman fled from the man, according to reports.
A subsequent K-9 search was unsuccessful. The suspect was last seen wearing a black North Face jacket and black jogging pants with a white vertical stripe on each leg and white shoes.
The man who entered the Troy home is described as a clean-shaven man of Middle Eastern descent, 20-22 years old, 5 feet 9 inches to 6 feet tall, with a thin build. He had thick, wavy, longer hair on top, shorter on the sides, and long, straight pointy nose and a long scratch or scar on his right cheek.
Those with information are asked to call (800) SPEAKUP, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office’s Rochester Hills substation at (248) 527-3530 or the Troy Police Anonymous Tip Line at (248) 524-0777.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods