CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Clinton Township police are analyzing a single vehicle hit-and-run that has left one Clinton Township resident dead.
A press release from police stated that Bobbi Layne Roberts, 20, was reportedly struck by an unknown vehicle in the northbound right through lane on Gratiot Avenue, south of Capital Drive in Clinton Township. The car failed to stop, hit the pedestrian and fled the scene.
The crash occurred on the night of Friday, Nov 29, around 11:25 p.m. Following the crash, a passing vehicle going northbound on Gratiot Avenue positioned itself to protect the body in the right shoulder and right through lane while waiting for the police’s arrival.
There were no reported eyewitnesses and no type of debris or other evidence left from the crash. The vehicle in question may have damage to the right front and headlamp assembly area, and a color is unknown. It is also unknown whether drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.
Police are still looking for leads in the case. If you have any information contact Lt. Raymond Macksoud at (586) 493-7933 or call the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7802.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods