Police arrest suspected adult-child lottery ticket thieves
By Kevin Bunch
Posted November 15, 2013
Roseville police were on the lookout for a woman and child who stole lottery tickets from a local party store Nov. 14 before arresting two suspects Nov. 15.
According to Police Chief James Berlin, a woman and an approximately 10-year-old child were pacing in front of the Stop’N’Go Food Store on 13 Mile Road around 12:30 p.m., eventually leading to the clerk going out to see if they were all right.
“The female suspect grabbed the clerk around the head and face, forced her back into the store, took her into an office area and pinned her against the wall,” Berlin said. “The 10-year-old went around behind the counter, stole a bunch of lottery tickets out of a display, and then they both fled the store.”
The clerk reportedly said the suspects were regular visitors to the store, and police believed they lived in the area. At press time, a pair of suspects had been arrested by the Roseville Police Department, but further information was not available.
About the author
Staff Writer Kevin Bunch covers the communities of Eastpointe and Roseville, as well as Roseville Community Schools and East Detroit Public Schools. He has worked at C&G Newspapers since 2013, and is a graduate of Wayne State University and Henry Ford Community College. Kevin is also a 2015 Metcalf Institute for Marine & Environmental Reporting alumni.
More from C & G Newspapers
Grosse Pointe Shores
- 30 DAYS
- Macomb Mall theater structure to be torn down - Roseville
- Fire & Ice with Spice supports #DougStrong - Clawson
- Aging in place is made easier in high-tech era - Metro Detroit
- Blessings in a Backpack program helps 39 Kennedy students stay fed - Ferndale
- K-2 students adapt with their own tablets - Fraser
- Woman stabbed at GM Tech Center - Warren
- Building on Big Beaver goes on auction block - Troy
- Hall Road project planned for 2017 - Shelby Township
- Chippewa graduate to compete on ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ - Clinton Township
- Park concept plan unveiled - Rochester Hills
- Bald eagles spotted around city - St. Clair Shores
- 6 places to purchase the perfect paczki - Metro Detroit
- Man shot multiple times, suspect on loose - Clinton Township
- Local student accepted to MIT - Clinton Township