Police arrest suspected adult-child lottery ticket thieves
November 15, 2013
Roseville police were on the lookout for a woman and child who stole lottery tickets from a local party store Nov. 14 before arresting two suspects Nov. 15.
According to Police Chief James Berlin, a woman and an approximately 10-year-old child were pacing in front of the Stop’N’Go Food Store on 13 Mile Road around 12:30 p.m., eventually leading to the clerk going out to see if they were all right.
“The female suspect grabbed the clerk around the head and face, forced her back into the store, took her into an office area and pinned her against the wall,” Berlin said. “The 10-year-old went around behind the counter, stole a bunch of lottery tickets out of a display, and then they both fled the store.”
The clerk reportedly said the suspects were regular visitors to the store, and police believed they lived in the area. At press time, a pair of suspects had been arrested by the Roseville Police Department, but further information was not available.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Motorcylist dies shortly after collision on Gratiot Avenue - Clinton Township
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit