Police request public's help in finding missing senior
By Kevin Bunch
November 1, 2013
An 87-year-old Roseville man has gone missing, and the Police Department has requested the public’s assistance in finding him.
His family last saw William Schell at around noon Oct. 30 in Roseville, though his last known location was in the Port Huron area around 9 p.m. Oct. 31. At the time, Schell said he was planning on going to Canada.
Police do not believe he has crossed the border and said it is uncharacteristic of Schell to be out of contact with family members, or to be out of the area. Schell is 6 feet 2 inches tall, 160 pounds, and he has gray hair and glasses. He was driving a silver 2007 Dodge Caravan with Michigan license plate BESCH1.
The police have him listed as a missing person, but they have no indication that he has been a victim of foul play. Anyone with information is asked to call the Roseville Police Department at (586) 775-2100, ext. 8.
About the author
Staff Writer Kevin Bunch covers the communities of Eastpointe and Roseville, as well as Roseville Community Schools and East Detroit Public Schools. He has worked at C&G Newspapers since 2013, and is a graduate of Wayne State University and Henry Ford Community College. Kevin is also a 2015 Metcalf Institute for Marine & Environmental Reporting alumni.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights