Police nab suspect wearing Iron Man mask as he flees from store
November 6, 2013
The Iron Man mask a 26-year-old Shelby Township man wore did nothing to help him elude police capture after an officer reportedly saw him run out of a cellphone store that had been broken into.
According to police, an alarm sounded just after 11 p.m. Nov. 3 at the T-Mobile store in a strip mall at 785 E. Big Beaver, summoning police.
The first officer on the scene knew that similar breaking and entering crimes had occurred in Warren and Sterling Heights, said Troy police Sgt. Andy Breidenich.
In those incidents, the suspect or suspects entered a business next to a cellphone store and broke through drywall material to gain entry, Breidenich said.
The officer positioned himself for a good view of the store and saw two men wearing masks run through to the back door. The officer ran around the strip mall to the back of the store, saw the men exit the store and then gave chase, according to reports.
The officer identified himself, and one man fled the scene. The man police say wore the Iron Man mask, Chris Peter Awadish, stopped for police and was arrested.
He was arraigned in 52-4 District Court Nov. 5 on one count of breaking and entering with intent, a 10-year felony. Bond was set at $25,000 cash/surety.
Troy police are working to indentify the second suspect.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township