Missing Wixom man’s body believed to be found in woods, Detroit man arrested
September 20, 2013
The case of a missing Wixom man last seen in Southfield has now turned into a murder investigation after a body was found in a wooded area of the city, police say.
Leonard Bernard Graham, 24, was last seen Sept. 14 at a party held at an apartment complex in Southfield, according to Wixom police.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said Friday morning that the department was assisting Wixom authorities in the investigation when they found a body near the 27000 block of Franklin Road.
“Late last night, the Southfield Police Department assisted the Wixom Police Department with a missing person investigation. … Based on evidence at that location, investigators had reason to believe that a violent crime at been committed,” he said in an email Sept. 20. “Further investigation resulted in locating a deceased individual in a nearby wooded area. Based on the preliminary investigation, investigators believe that the deceased individual is the missing person from Wixom.”
A 20-year-old Detroit man has been arrested in connected to the suspected murder, he added, and police believe he and the victim were acquaintances.
A missing person report was filed at the Wixom Police Department after Graham was not heard from after Sept. 15, according to a Sept. 18 press release issued from the department. At that time, Wixom authorities were in possession of Graham’s white 2011 Chevrolet Impala and seeking the public’s help in gathering information on the whereabouts of Graham.
Loussia said he did not have information to release on whether the homicide scene was near the apartment complex where Graham was last seen.
The Michigan State Police and the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the investigation, and Loussia noted that the investigation is ongoing and more information will be released as it becomes available.
Anyone with information about the case should call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 764-5500. Anonymous tips can be reported to the Wixom Police Tip Line at (248) 624-0884.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Motorcylist dies shortly after collision on Gratiot Avenue - Clinton Township
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit