Published September 20, 2013
Missing Wixom man’s body believed to be found in woods, Detroit man arrested
By Jessica Strachan firstname.lastname@example.org
The case of a missing Wixom man last seen in Southfield has now turned into a murder investigation after a body was found in a wooded area of the city, police say.
Leonard Bernard Graham, 24, was last seen Sept. 14 at a party held at an apartment complex in Southfield, according to Wixom police.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said Friday morning that the department was assisting Wixom authorities in the investigation when they found a body near the 27000 block of Franklin Road.
“Late last night, the Southfield Police Department assisted the Wixom Police Department with a missing person investigation. … Based on evidence at that location, investigators had reason to believe that a violent crime at been committed,” he said in an email Sept. 20. “Further investigation resulted in locating a deceased individual in a nearby wooded area. Based on the preliminary investigation, investigators believe that the deceased individual is the missing person from Wixom.”
A 20-year-old Detroit man has been arrested in connected to the suspected murder, he added, and police believe he and the victim were acquaintances.
A missing person report was filed at the Wixom Police Department after Graham was not heard from after Sept. 15, according to a Sept. 18 press release issued from the department. At that time, Wixom authorities were in possession of Graham’s white 2011 Chevrolet Impala and seeking the public’s help in gathering information on the whereabouts of Graham.
Loussia said he did not have information to release on whether the homicide scene was near the apartment complex where Graham was last seen.
The Michigan State Police and the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the investigation, and Loussia noted that the investigation is ongoing and more information will be released as it becomes available.
Anyone with information about the case should call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 764-5500. Anonymous tips can be reported to the Wixom Police Tip Line at (248) 624-0884.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Board approves incentive bonus for new police hires - Shelby Township
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson