WARREN — A 25-year-old Warren resident told police he was robbed by two men Oct. 26 after a woman he met online arrived for a date.
According to a police report, officers were called to a home on Renee north of Frazho and west of Mound at 8:10 p.m. to investigate an alleged assault in progress. Officers spoke to the victim who said he was “jumped” by two suspects. The men allegedly stole his cellphone and wallet.
“The victim basically said he met a girl on Instagram about five weeks ago. He finally goes out on a date with her and she tricks him into going back to the house, and two guys in a gold Mercedes jumped him and took his money,” said the officer in charge of the case, Detective Cpl. Kevin Dailey.
The man told police he was meeting a woman named “Jada” at his home and that the two had made plans to go to Detroit for a date night. The woman reportedly called the victim and told him she was walking to his house to save gas and that she was just down the street.
The pair later met at the house and began driving to Detroit but turned around after the woman reportedly said she lost her car keys. The victim told police he was confronted by two men — both described as black, 5 feet 4 inches tall, and 140-150 pounds — who got out of a gold Mercedes that pulled up at a high speed when he returned to the house.
The suspects allegedly chased the victim east on Renee until he slipped on the grass and was beaten and robbed. A small amount of cash and the man’s cellphone were stolen. The man suffered a large cut above his eye.
Dailey said some questions about the incident remained unanswered and that the robbery was still under investigation as of Oct. 29.
“Basically, we’re just trying to identify suspects off the Internet,” Dailey said. “We have no idea who any of these people are.”
Anyone with information about the incident can reach Dailey at (586) 574-4835.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township