St. Clair Shores
Published October 17, 2013
Man robbed in parking lot of Dollar Tree
By Kristyne E. Demske email@example.com
St. Clair Shores Police are looking for two men who robbed an employee of a local business after he left the store for the night.
The 26-year-old employee was leaving Dollar Tree in the St. Clair Shores Shopping Plaza at 13 Mile Road and Harper Avenue around 10:21 p.m. Oct. 14 when two men approached him.
The man had just entered his vehicle when a light-skinned black male with short reddish-brown hair in his late teens to early 20s, about 6-feet tall and 160-180 pounds and armed with a dark-colored pistol, entered the vehicle and demanded his wallet, keys and phone.
While he was going through the victim’s pockets, another man — described as a black male around 5-foot 10-inches tall and 180 pounds wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt — entered the vehicle to help the first suspect.
The two suspects ran away afterward toward a vehicle waiting in the parking lot, then drove westbound on 13 Mile Road toward Little Mack Avenue. The vehicle was a gray or tan 1990s sedan with a different color front end or hood.
The man was not injured in the theft. St. Clair Shores Police worked with Michigan State Police to provide a composite sketch of the first suspect.
“Be aware of your surroundings,” said Detective Gordon Carrier. “Most likely, they thought he had a money drop, closing a business.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call police at (586) 445-5300. Crime Stoppers, at (800) SPEAK-UP, is also offering a reward for information.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Dozens file for Warren city offices as lawsuit lingers - Warren
- List of intersection accident data released - Metro Detroit
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson