St. Clair Shores
Man robbed in parking lot of Dollar Tree
October 17, 2013
St. Clair Shores Police are looking for two men who robbed an employee of a local business after he left the store for the night.
The 26-year-old employee was leaving Dollar Tree in the St. Clair Shores Shopping Plaza at 13 Mile Road and Harper Avenue around 10:21 p.m. Oct. 14 when two men approached him.
The man had just entered his vehicle when a light-skinned black male with short reddish-brown hair in his late teens to early 20s, about 6-feet tall and 160-180 pounds and armed with a dark-colored pistol, entered the vehicle and demanded his wallet, keys and phone.
While he was going through the victim’s pockets, another man — described as a black male around 5-foot 10-inches tall and 180 pounds wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt — entered the vehicle to help the first suspect.
The two suspects ran away afterward toward a vehicle waiting in the parking lot, then drove westbound on 13 Mile Road toward Little Mack Avenue. The vehicle was a gray or tan 1990s sedan with a different color front end or hood.
The man was not injured in the theft. St. Clair Shores Police worked with Michigan State Police to provide a composite sketch of the first suspect.
“Be aware of your surroundings,” said Detective Gordon Carrier. “Most likely, they thought he had a money drop, closing a business.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call police at (586) 445-5300. Crime Stoppers, at (800) SPEAK-UP, is also offering a reward for information.
About the author
Staff Writer Kristyne E. Demske covers St. Clair Shores and the Lake Shore, Lakeview and South Lake public schools for the Sentinel. Kristyne has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2004 and attended Michigan State University and Chippewa Valley High School.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights