Published November 14, 2013
Man recovering after drive-by shooting in Mount Clemens
By Julie Snyder firstname.lastname@example.org
MOUNT CLEMENS — An 18-year-old Mount Clemens man is recovering from surgery this morning after being shot in an apparent drive-by shooting in the city Nov. 13.
Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said this morning that the victim was possibly walking along Kibbee Street at approximately 2 p.m. when a vehicle approached. Someone inside the vehicle then shot more than one round at the victim, striking him once in the abdomen.
“We got the call from McLaren hospital at 2:15 that someone was admitted with a gunshot wound, so (the shooting) took place just before then,” said Wickersham. “Originally we were told (the victim) was walking on Gratiot when he was shot, then Colonial Court.”
Wickersham said hospital staff was able to speak with the victim once he got out of surgery, and it was then that the victim indicated he was walking on Kibbee when the shooting took place.
The victim was unable to provide a description of the vehicle, and detectives currently have no witnesses to the shooting.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley