Man recovering after drive-by shooting in Mount Clemens
November 14, 2013
MOUNT CLEMENS — An 18-year-old Mount Clemens man is recovering from surgery this morning after being shot in an apparent drive-by shooting in the city Nov. 13.
Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said this morning that the victim was possibly walking along Kibbee Street at approximately 2 p.m. when a vehicle approached. Someone inside the vehicle then shot more than one round at the victim, striking him once in the abdomen.
“We got the call from McLaren hospital at 2:15 that someone was admitted with a gunshot wound, so (the shooting) took place just before then,” said Wickersham. “Originally we were told (the victim) was walking on Gratiot when he was shot, then Colonial Court.”
Wickersham said hospital staff was able to speak with the victim once he got out of surgery, and it was then that the victim indicated he was walking on Kibbee when the shooting took place.
The victim was unable to provide a description of the vehicle, and detectives currently have no witnesses to the shooting.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Motorcylist dies shortly after collision on Gratiot Avenue - Clinton Township
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit