Man recovering after drive-by shooting in Mount Clemens
By Julie Snyder
November 14, 2013
MOUNT CLEMENS — An 18-year-old Mount Clemens man is recovering from surgery this morning after being shot in an apparent drive-by shooting in the city Nov. 13.
Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said this morning that the victim was possibly walking along Kibbee Street at approximately 2 p.m. when a vehicle approached. Someone inside the vehicle then shot more than one round at the victim, striking him once in the abdomen.
“We got the call from McLaren hospital at 2:15 that someone was admitted with a gunshot wound, so (the shooting) took place just before then,” said Wickersham. “Originally we were told (the victim) was walking on Gratiot when he was shot, then Colonial Court.”
Wickersham said hospital staff was able to speak with the victim once he got out of surgery, and it was then that the victim indicated he was walking on Kibbee when the shooting took place.
The victim was unable to provide a description of the vehicle, and detectives currently have no witnesses to the shooting.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
- 30 DAYS
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- Defeated council candidates blast immigration flier as false - Sterling Heights
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights