A 38-year-old Detroit man was found dead this morning underneath a parked dump truck in Southfield.
According to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department, officers were called to a parking lot in the 16000 block of 12 Mile Road at 9:38 a.m. Oct. 21 about an unresponsive man under the engine area of the truck. Loussia said an employee called 911 to report the incident. The Southfield Fire Department also responded.
“Based on a preliminary investigation of the incident, it appears the male was under the engine compartment of the vehicle, working on the vehicle,” Loussia said in an email Monday morning. “At this time, it appears that his clothing got caught up in the drive shaft, killing him.”
The man, who was found to be the owner of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene, Loussia added.
At this time, no other information is known about the incident, though the Southfield Police Department is investigating what exactly happened.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township