Published October 21, 2013
Man found dead in engine compartment of dump truck
By Jessica Strachan firstname.lastname@example.org
A 38-year-old Detroit man was found dead this morning underneath a parked dump truck in Southfield.
According to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department, officers were called to a parking lot in the 16000 block of 12 Mile Road at 9:38 a.m. Oct. 21 about an unresponsive man under the engine area of the truck. Loussia said an employee called 911 to report the incident. The Southfield Fire Department also responded.
“Based on a preliminary investigation of the incident, it appears the male was under the engine compartment of the vehicle, working on the vehicle,” Loussia said in an email Monday morning. “At this time, it appears that his clothing got caught up in the drive shaft, killing him.”
The man, who was found to be the owner of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene, Loussia added.
At this time, no other information is known about the incident, though the Southfield Police Department is investigating what exactly happened.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley