MOUNT CLEMENS — A 58-year-old Clinton Township man is back home after he created a major disturbance inside a Mount Clemens bar on Oct. 26.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to Fritz’s Pub on Main Street at 1:45 a.m. after a “seemingly intoxicated” man entered the bar and told customers that he was a federal marshal and was engaged in “a manhunt.”
According to the sheriff’s office, the man, later identified as Timothy Hulquist, was displaying a holstered firearm.
The weapon turned out to be an air-soft pistol.
Hulquist was arrested after a brief scuffle with deputies, and he was arraigned on Oct. 28 in 41-B District Court on charges of disorderly person and resisting and obstructing police.
He was given personal bond and was released.
When asked if Hulquist was in fact intoxicated or if a breathalyzer test was completed, Uniform Service Lt. John Michalke said, “Intoxication is not an element of the crime for which he was arrested.” It was unknown at press time if Hulquist had hired an attorney.
Hulquist has no known prior convictions in the area, according to the Macomb County Circuit Court website.
No one was injured in the incident.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township