I-696 closes due to despondent man on overpass
Published September 23, 2013
A Roseville man threatening to jump off the Barkman Street overpass of Interstate 696 caused the closure of all interstate lanes during the morning of Sept. 23 until emergency personnel were able to get him down.
According to a Roseville Police Department press release, the man was despondent over health issues and was threatening to commit suicide for about 45 minutes until a crisis negotiator was able to convince him to let firefighters from Eastpointe and Roseville get him down.
The man was taken to a local hospital for observation, the release said.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township