Harrison Township man arrested after exposing himself to undercover officers
February 14, 2014
MACOMB COUNTY — A 42-year-old Harrison Township man is facing multiple charges after he reportedly exposed himself to investigators during an undercover sting.
Macomb County Sherriff’s Department Lt. John Michalke said the incident took place at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 12 when undercover officers from the Macomb Area Computer Enforcement Team met Charles Vandewinkle in an undisclosed location.
“It was a pre-arranged meeting in the parking lot of a business in Macomb County,” said Michalke.
Michalke was unable to give specifics of the meeting location or background details of the meeting, only to say the meeting was made through the Internet. He said providing too much information about this particular investigation could jeopardize similar ongoing investigations.
It was at the pre-arranged meeting location where undercover officers allegedly observed Vandewinkle exposing his genitals and performing a sexual act upon himself, according to a report.
Vandewinkle was immediately arrested and transported to the Macomb County Jail. He was arraigned on Feb. 13 in 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on a charge of aggravated indecent exposure, a two-year felony; using a computer to commit a crime, a two-four-year felony; and possession of analogues, a two-year felony.
Vandewinkle was given a $10,000 personal bond and has since been released. His preliminary examination will be held Feb. 26. Court officials say Vandewinkle has yet to obtain a defense attorney.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township