Harrison Township man arrested after exposing himself to undercover officers
February 14, 2014
MACOMB COUNTY — A 42-year-old Harrison Township man is facing multiple charges after he reportedly exposed himself to investigators during an undercover sting.
Macomb County Sherriff’s Department Lt. John Michalke said the incident took place at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 12 when undercover officers from the Macomb Area Computer Enforcement Team met Charles Vandewinkle in an undisclosed location.
“It was a pre-arranged meeting in the parking lot of a business in Macomb County,” said Michalke.
Michalke was unable to give specifics of the meeting location or background details of the meeting, only to say the meeting was made through the Internet. He said providing too much information about this particular investigation could jeopardize similar ongoing investigations.
It was at the pre-arranged meeting location where undercover officers allegedly observed Vandewinkle exposing his genitals and performing a sexual act upon himself, according to a report.
Vandewinkle was immediately arrested and transported to the Macomb County Jail. He was arraigned on Feb. 13 in 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on a charge of aggravated indecent exposure, a two-year felony; using a computer to commit a crime, a two-four-year felony; and possession of analogues, a two-year felony.
Vandewinkle was given a $10,000 personal bond and has since been released. His preliminary examination will be held Feb. 26. Court officials say Vandewinkle has yet to obtain a defense attorney.
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- From sanitarium to state park - Metro Detroit
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Students, parents get charged up for iPads - Troy
- Planners postpone mosque approval request - Sterling Heights
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit