HARRISON TOWNSHIP — Macomb County Sheriff’s detectives tracked down and arrested the suspect involved in the Oct. 2 bank robbery in Harrison Township.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said 55-year-old Brian Detmers of Chesterfield Township was arrested on Oct. 3 and charged with the robbery at the Huntington Bank on Bridgeview Drive.
According to the initial crime report, Detmers allegedly entered the bank alone at approximately 4:07 p.m. He handed a note to one of the tellers which stated a demand for money. Wickersham would not divulge details of the note, but did say that no weapon was seen on the suspect.
The suspect, who was not disguised, then left the bank and fled on foot in an unknown direction. Wickersham said the clear image of the robber helped his detectives in their investigation.
“We released a high-quality bank surveillance photograph (to the media) right after the incident. That photo generated a number of calls from people who recognized the individual,” said Wickersham.
Detmers was arraigned in the 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on Oct. 4. He was granted a $500,000 cash or surety bond and currently remains in the Macomb County jail. His next court date is Oct. 16.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township