Published October 4, 2013
Harrison Township bank robber caught
By Julie Snyder email@example.com
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — Macomb County Sheriff’s detectives tracked down and arrested the suspect involved in the Oct. 2 bank robbery in Harrison Township.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said 55-year-old Brian Detmers of Chesterfield Township was arrested on Oct. 3 and charged with the robbery at the Huntington Bank on Bridgeview Drive.
According to the initial crime report, Detmers allegedly entered the bank alone at approximately 4:07 p.m. He handed a note to one of the tellers which stated a demand for money. Wickersham would not divulge details of the note, but did say that no weapon was seen on the suspect.
The suspect, who was not disguised, then left the bank and fled on foot in an unknown direction. Wickersham said the clear image of the robber helped his detectives in their investigation.
“We released a high-quality bank surveillance photograph (to the media) right after the incident. That photo generated a number of calls from people who recognized the individual,” said Wickersham.
Detmers was arraigned in the 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on Oct. 4. He was granted a $500,000 cash or surety bond and currently remains in the Macomb County jail. His next court date is Oct. 16.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley