Harrison TownshipOctober 4, 2013
Harrison Township bank robber caught
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — Macomb County Sheriff’s detectives tracked down and arrested the suspect involved in the Oct. 2 bank robbery in Harrison Township.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said 55-year-old Brian Detmers of Chesterfield Township was arrested on Oct. 3 and charged with the robbery at the Huntington Bank on Bridgeview Drive.
According to the initial crime report, Detmers allegedly entered the bank alone at approximately 4:07 p.m. He handed a note to one of the tellers which stated a demand for money. Wickersham would not divulge details of the note, but did say that no weapon was seen on the suspect.
The suspect, who was not disguised, then left the bank and fled on foot in an unknown direction. Wickersham said the clear image of the robber helped his detectives in their investigation.
“We released a high-quality bank surveillance photograph (to the media) right after the incident. That photo generated a number of calls from people who recognized the individual,” said Wickersham.
Detmers was arraigned in the 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on Oct. 4. He was granted a $500,000 cash or surety bond and currently remains in the Macomb County jail. His next court date is Oct. 16.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi