CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Four people were being held in Macomb County Jail at press time in relation to the death of 33-year-old James Edward Williams.
Belinda Denise Jones, 44, Marquis Allen Oneal, 23, Deangelo Jones, 21, and Donald Odell Roberts, 21, were all being held for the alleged homicide of Williams.
They are being charged with second-degree murder. Belinda Jones and Roberts are under $1 million bonds, while Oneal and Deangelo Jones are under $500,000 bonds.
The incident is alleged to have occurred in the 34000 block of Lipke Street in mid-November, in what Clinton Township Police Capt. Richard Maierle described as a possible drug deal gone wrong.
“(Belinda Jones’) son ripped off (Williams) selling weed,” he said. “It was her son and two other guys.”
After an alleged argument took place, things got heated between Williams and the group. Williams reportedly had multiple stab wounds and a collapsed lung. He was taken to McLaren Macomb Hospital in Mount Clemens but was unable to be saved. His life support was removed, and he died Dec. 2.
Prior to the Dec. 25 arrest of Oneal, the two members of the Jones family and Roberts were in 41-B District Court on Dec. 18 for a pretrial hearing. The pretrial was delayed as Judge Sebastian Lucido ordered Belinda Jones to undergo a psychiatric exam.
Court is expected to adjourn for a preliminary exam on March 5 at 8:30 a.m. in front of Judge Linda Davis at 41-B District Court, with all four allegedly involved in the incident being present.
A lawyer for Belinda and Deangelo Jones did not return calls seeking comment.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- No charges for customer who shot accused bank robber - Warren
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Nurse anesthetists to host Ether Day Frolic 5K at River Bends Park - Shelby Township
- Residents, businesses honored for beautification - St. Clair Shores
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township