Four people being held in alleged homicide
Published January 15, 2014
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Four people were being held in Macomb County Jail at press time in relation to the death of 33-year-old James Edward Williams.
Belinda Denise Jones, 44, Marquis Allen Oneal, 23, Deangelo Jones, 21, and Donald Odell Roberts, 21, were all being held for the alleged homicide of Williams.
They are being charged with second-degree murder. Belinda Jones and Roberts are under $1 million bonds, while Oneal and Deangelo Jones are under $500,000 bonds.
The incident is alleged to have occurred in the 34000 block of Lipke Street in mid-November, in what Clinton Township Police Capt. Richard Maierle described as a possible drug deal gone wrong.
“(Belinda Jones’) son ripped off (Williams) selling weed,” he said. “It was her son and two other guys.”
After an alleged argument took place, things got heated between Williams and the group. Williams reportedly had multiple stab wounds and a collapsed lung. He was taken to McLaren Macomb Hospital in Mount Clemens but was unable to be saved. His life support was removed, and he died Dec. 2.
Prior to the Dec. 25 arrest of Oneal, the two members of the Jones family and Roberts were in 41-B District Court on Dec. 18 for a pretrial hearing. The pretrial was delayed as Judge Sebastian Lucido ordered Belinda Jones to undergo a psychiatric exam.
Court is expected to adjourn for a preliminary exam on March 5 at 8:30 a.m. in front of Judge Linda Davis at 41-B District Court, with all four allegedly involved in the incident being present.
A lawyer for Belinda and Deangelo Jones did not return calls seeking comment.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe