Missing woman found dead
December 3, 2013
A 77-year-old woman who was reported missing after going for a walk in her neighborhood has been found deceased behind a residence in her subdivision.
According to reports from the West Bloomfield Police Department, Joanne Marie O’Reilly had last been seen Dec. 2 at approximately 9 p.m., walking on Rosedale Street, near Hiller Road and Greer Road, on the north end of the township.
Police said she has disappeared before, but not for that length of time, which led to her son to file a missing person report.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the West Bloomfield Police Department at (248) 975-9200.
About the author
Staff Writer Cari DeLamielleure-Scott covers West Bloomfield, Orchard Lake, Keego Harbor, Sylvan Lake and the West Bloomfield Schools and Walled Lake Community Schools districts for the Beacon. Cari has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2013 and attended Madonna University.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville