Published March 17, 2014
Bomb threat evacuates county courthouse
By Julie Snyder email@example.com
The Macomb County Circuit Court Building in Mount Clemens has been evacuated due to a bomb threat, sheriff’s officials report.
According to Macomb County Sheriff’s Capt. Brenda Baker, a call came in to the Court Clerk’s Office at approximately 9 a.m.
“(The caller said) a bomb would go off sometime early this afternoon,” said Baker. “We considered how credible the call was, and the judges made the decision to evacuate the courthouse.”
The sheriff’s K-9 units were called to the location, at which time a floor-by-floor search of the building and surrounding area was conducted with the assistance of the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office and the Michigan State Police.
That search was completed at 11:53 a.m., and nothing suspicious was found. Sheriff’s officials report that the courthouse will reopen to the public at 2:15 p.m.
Detectives are currently investigating the source of the calls.
The sheriff’s K-9 units are currently conducting a search.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Trial continues for man accused of shooting acquaintance - St. Clair Shores
- Center Line begins search for new city manager - Center Line
- Thoroughbred meet starting soon at Hazel Park Raceway - Hazel Park
- Pub Crawl will raise money for Madison Heights Memorial Day Parade - Madison Heights
- E-Lounge and I-Connect begin 2015 season - Madison Heights
- GM nets big tax break in Warren - Warren
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley