WARREN — Police said exposure to the elements likely killed a man found dead outside of a business on Easy Street east of Groesbeck and just north of 10 Mile Road early Nov. 4.
According to Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz, an employee taking out the garbage at KEO Cutters found the 48-year-old man at about 6 a.m. She said the man had reportedly been seen in the area before, most recently at about 11:45 a.m. Nov. 2.
Metz said the deceased man was identified but that his name was not immediately released pending the notification of family members.
“He was homeless. He was laying on the ground with a vodka bottle, Red Bull, a lighter, some personal items laying next to him,” Metz said.
An employee reportedly told police he had given the man some clothing previously.
Metz said no foul play was evident and that an examination would likely determine the cause of death.
The onset of colder weather this month, tragically, signals danger for those living outdoors.
Last November, a 55-year-old man who had left his home in Eastpointe a month earlier was found dead in a section of the Bear Creek, near Van Dyke and Old 13 Mile Road. Warren police said the relatively secluded area was a known destination for homeless people and transients. No foul play was suspected.
The body of a 50-year-old man was found dead in a tent near 11 Mile Road and Mound in March. Police said several homeless people were apparently living in tents at the site. The man was reportedly found with his belongings by an acquaintance and police did not rule the death suspicious.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- Meijer plans curbside pickup - Rochester Hills
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Police chief recognized for domestic violence prevention - Southfield
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township