Published February 17, 2014
Alcohol may be a factor in fatal collision
By Julie Snyder firstname.lastname@example.org
MOUNT CLEMENS — Macomb County Sheriff’s investigators say alcohol may have been a factor in a deadly weekend accident in Mount Clemens that claimed the life of a St. Clair County woman.
Capt. Brenda Baker said preliminary findings show that the victim, 64, was traveling eastbound on Cass Avenue at around 8 p.m. Feb. 15 and negotiating a left turn onto northbound Groesbeck when another driver traveling southbound on Groesbeck failed to stop at a red light. The driver, a 40-year-old man from Clinton Township, reportedly struck the victim’s vehicle on the passenger’s side.
Baker said the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Our preliminary investigation indicates alcohol may have been a factor,” Baker said. “We’re still investigating.”
The names of the victim and the suspected drunk driver have not been released, and Baker would not say if a Breathalyzer test had been conducted on the man at the scene.
Because of the President’s Day holiday, Baker said the suspect will not be arraigned and formally charged in 41-B District Court in Clinton Township until Feb. 18. He is being held in the Macomb County Jail.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Dozens file for Warren city offices as lawsuit lingers - Warren
- List of intersection accident data released - Metro Detroit
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson