7-Eleven robber, parole absconder in custody
Published October 28, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — On Oct. 13, a man walked into a 7-Eleven and allegedly threatened the cashier with what appeared to be a gun before fleeing the scene.
That man, reportedly Jesse Ray Martin, is now in custody.
Martin, 32, allegedly walked into the 7-Eleven on the 20000 block of 15 Mile Road and told the cashier to give him all the money in the register. The cashier declined, so the suspect put his hands in his pockets and held what looked to be a gun. The suspect then took cigarettes and lottery tickets, and reportedly told the clerk he was just trying to feed his kids.
Capt. Richard Maierle of the Clinton Township Police Department said that while fleeing the 7-Eleven, the suspect dropped his wallet, and police discovered that Martin was a parole absconder because of a contact card in the wallet. The police department got in touch with his parole officer, who then reportedly confirmed his identity. The police then found and arrested Martin, a Roseville resident.
He was arraigned on Oct. 18 and was being held in county jail on $500,000 bond. His preliminary examination was after press time. At press time, he had no lawyer.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township