A basketball player who averages 21 points per game as a junior and 19.1 as a senior, along with showing an ability to rebound, block shots and steal, is likely to end up on an NCAA Division I roster somewhere.And that is ...Read More
WARREN — Macomb Community College men's basketball team lost its first game in the Michigan Community College Athletic Association Eastern Conference via a 77-74 defeat to Wayne County Community College District ...Read More
Grosse Pointe Woods — Liggett girls hoops player, Rotzoll, has signed to play D-I
Former Wayne State University and current major league baseball pitcher to provide instruction for youth baseball players
Baseball players will have an upcoming opportunity to receive instruction from a Major League baseball player, as former Wayne State University pitcher Anthony Bass, who is signed to play with the Texas Rangers for the ...Read More
Sterling Heights — Local tennis player, Potter, has earned opportunity to compete in the NCAA
DETROIT — After getting swept against Oakland University last season, the University of Detroit Mercy men's basketball team got this season's version of the rivalry series off to a better start, coming away with ...Read More
METRO DETROIT — Sports fans will have some upcoming opportunities to take in some college basketball action while also donating to a good cause, as Macomb Community College, Oakland Community College and Schoolcraft ...Read More
The men’s basketball teams from the University of Detroit Mercy and Oakland University are scheduled to play two times, and based on how things went last season, there could be a lot of compelling basketball ahead.The ...Read More
ROCHESTER — Oakland University's women's basketball team's two-game winning streak came to an end following a 88-61 loss to Indiana University Dec. 20 at the O'rena.It was the Golden Grizzlies' ...Read More
Spotlight on Sports
Top Spot Stories Information
This section gathers all stories (both news and sports) with images posted in the last 6 days and displays 1 of them according to number of hits and when it was last read.
The top stories are randomly reordered upon each page refresh.
Top stories are refreshed automatically every 15 minutes starting on the hour, i.e. 0, 15, 30, 45.
A story can be forced into rotation for a day by adding the "Top Spot" category on the story. "Top Spot" is not required, it is only to force a story into this section. After 24 hours, the "Top Spot" designation will be removed from the story automatically.
A story can be removed from being displayed by adding the "Exclude From Top Spot" category on the story. Exclusion will trump the "Top Spot" category if both are selected together.
Only stories with images will be displayed in this section, even if it is flagged for the "Top Spot".
Thumbnail images will be cropped to a certain height so as to avoid layout issues.
Current Qualifying Top Spot Stories
bold = active
↑ = Flagged for Top Spot ↓ = Flagged for Exclusion
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- North Farmington boys basketball rolls through first half of season - Farmington Hills
- Young Tower wrestling team finding its way - Warren
- Team wrestling districts on the horizon - Metro Detroit
- Murawski takes over as Lutheran North boys hoops coach after 4 years with girls’ team - Macomb Township
- Leaders of the lanes - Macomb County
- Madison High boys basketball looking for consistency - Madison Heights
- Bloomfield Hills girls constructing future with eye on the present - Bloomfield Hills
- Vigil held in honor of Roseville High student-athlete Joe Manfreda - Roseville
- Macomb County Bowling Championships set for Jan. 17-18 - Macomb County
- Lutheran Northwest hoops gets by Oakland Christian - Rochester Hills
- A year wiser, Cranes shaping up to be title contenders yet again - Bloomfield Hills
- MAC and OAA hockey squads to take part in sixth annual showcase - Rochester Hills
- Lutheran Northwest downs Oakland Christian - Auburn Hills
- Harrison Township resident, L’Anse Creuse grad carves niche as stock car driver - Harrison Township