- Boys Football Dakota PPD Chippewa Valley PPD 9/03
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Wayne State University football victorious in first-ever night game at Tom Adams Field
September 14, 2013
DETROIT — The evening of Sept. 14 was historic for Wayne State University football, as the Warriors played their first night game at Tom Adams Field.
Fortunatey for the Warriors (1-1), they did their part to help cap off the evening's festivities with a 34-22 victory over defending Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference champion Ashland University (0-2).
Although Wayne State took a 21-6 lead into halftime, the Eagles scored 16 unanswered points in the third quarter and led 22-21 heading into the final quarter. But two, fourth-quarter touchdowns helped assure the Warriors that their night was not going to be spoiled.
Quarterback Carl Roscoe and wide receiver Dominique Maybanks combined on a 48-yard pass play, giving the Warriors a 27-22 lead with 14:25 remaining. Wayne State quarterback Doug Griffin helped seal the victory with his second touchdown run of the game with 2:05 left in the game.
The Warriors' first-half touchdowns came courtesy of a 70-yard pass play from Roscoe to receiver Michael Johnson, a 3-yard touchdown run by Griffin and a fumble recovery that was returned for a touchdown by linebacker Ed Viverette.
Wayne State is next scheduled to be in action at 1 p.m. Sept. 21 in a road game against Lake Erie.
The Warriors' next home game is scheduled for noon Oct. 5 against Northwood.