- Boys Football Dakota PPD Chippewa Valley PPD 9/03
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Clinton Township, Shelby Township, Utica
Utica Eisenhower wins defensive struggle against Chippewa Valley
September 23, 2013
Olaf Szemraj scored on a penatly kick with 18:46 to go in the first half, and that proved to be enough for Utica Eisenhower as the Eagles defeated Chippewa Valley 1-0 on Monday night.
Eisenhower's defense gave up three shots, and Brandon Brundirks earned a shutout for the Eagles.
Chippewa's closest opportunity at an equalizer came with 16:30 left in the game when a header off of a free kick got to the net, but it was stopped by Brundirks.
"I'm kind of blessed to have him. He makes it look so easy, and I have so much confidence in him to make those saves," Eisenhower coach Josh VanHouten said.
This is the second time in a week that Chippewa has been snake bitten by a penatly kick call that has led to a game-deciding score.
"It came down to the penalty kick with the hand ball in the box, I think it was accidental, but his arm was out so they probably didn't have any other choice but to call it," Chippewa coach Gerry Haggarty said. "It hurts. We didn't really give them too many chances outside of the penatly kick."
Eisenhower (9-1-1, 4-0-0 MAC Red) will host Utica Ford on Sept. 25 and Chippewa (4-2-2, 1-2-1 MAC Red) will head home to take on Anchor Bay.