Published July 2, 2014
South Farmington Blues win another
By Christian Davis email@example.com Follow Christian on Twitter.
The South Farmington U-10 and U-12 Blues baseball teams continued their winning ways, taking the championships in their respective divisions at the USSSA 16th annual Blues Invitational Tournament June 14-15 at Founders Park.
The U-12 team went 4-1 in the tournament, including an 11-1 victory in the championships against the Bay Area Bulls.
The U-10 team lost its opener of the tournament but battled back to win the next four, including the championship when it beat the Oakland Diamondbacks 11-5. The Diamondbacks had previously beaten the squad in the opener.
This marks the second consecutive tournament championship for both squads.
The U-10 team is 24-5 overall and currently in first place in the Advanced East A Division of the Kensington Valley Baseball and Softball Association.
The U-12 squad is 24-3 and in first in the North-West Division of the KVBSA. Up next, the team heads to Cooperstown, New York, June 29-July 3.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing - Eastpointe
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak