Published September 18, 2013
Seaholm girls golf wins county championship
By Christian Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Christian on Twitter.
PONTIAC — The Birmingham Seaholm girls golf team won the Division 1 Oakland County tournament Sept. 18 at the Pontiac Country Club.
The Maples finished with a team-total 325, beating Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day by one stroke. Troy High came in third with 327 in the 18-team field.
"I'm thrilled. They did a great job," Seaholm assistant coach Cathie Fritz said. "In the last five holes, they rallied with a lot of pars and a few birdies."
Individually, it was a three-way tie for the title, with North Farmington-Harrison's Sophie Kollin, Rochester Hills Stoney Creek's Bailey Compton and Rochester High's Veronica Haque all shooting 75.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak