Shelby Township, Utica
Published July 16, 2013
Running for a cause
By Mark Vest firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Mark on Twitter.
SHELBY TOWNSHIP — The ninth anniversary of The Gopher Gold Run for Special Olympics is scheduled to take place July 20 at River Bends Park in Shelby Township.
The money raised helps send kids to the state meet, held at Central Michigan University.
Last year, more than $10,000 was raised to help children from Oakland and Macomb counties, with approximately 600 runners/walkers participating.
Visit www.gopherthegoldraces.com for more information or call Michael at (586)-484-5523.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak