Published July 23, 2014
Royal Oak Shrine
at Melvindale Academy (4-5 overall) — 4 p.m. Aug. 28
First meeting ever between these programs. Melvindale Academy reached the D-7 playoffs with a 4-4 record in the regular season last year.
vs. Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett (5-5) — 2 p.m. Sept. 6
Despite all Liggett’s success the past four seasons, including a 28-13 record and four playoff appearances, Shrine is a perfect 3-0 against the team in that span.
vs. Mount Pleasant Sacred Heart (7-4) — 2 p.m. Sept. 13
This is the first meeting between these teams since a 40-13 Shrine victory in 2007. Sacred Heart won the only other meeting 14-13 in 2006.
at Madison Heights Bishop Foley (7-4) — 7 p.m. Sept. 19
Shrine beat Foley 13-6 in the fourth game of 2013, but then was on the wrong side of a 42-10 game in the opening round of the state playoffs.
vs. Allen Park Cabrini (3-5) — 2 p.m. Sept. 27
Shrine is 6-1 against Cabrini since 2008. That record includes two victories in both 2008 and 2010, and a 17-14 victory last year.
at Waterford Our Lady of the Lakes (8-3) — 1 p.m. Oct. 4
Shrine has lost three in a row and five of the past six meetings with Lakes. The teams met twice last year, with Lakes winning 21-14 and 28-10.
vs. Riverview Gabriel Richard (5-4) — 2 p.m. Oct. 12
A Sunday afternoon game at home, Shrine will seek payback for a 21-19 loss in Week Seven. Shrine had won seven in a row against Richard prior to that.
at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood (2-7) — 7 p.m. Oct. 17
Shrine is unbeaten (5-0) against Cranbrook and has allowed more than 7 points in a game only once.
vs. Catholic League crossover — Oct. 25
This will either be a spot in the 2014 Prep Bowl or an opponent scheduled after the eighth week is complete.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak