Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Rochester, Rochester Hills
Published March 13, 2013
Rochester High beats Bloomfield Hills Lahser for regional title
By Christian Davis email@example.com Follow Christian on Twitter.
WEST BLOOMFIELD — Rochester High won its first regional championship since 1950 after beating Bloomfield Hills Lahser 65-41 March 13 at West Bloomfield High in the Class A regional final.
"It's been a real long time and everyone is proud," Rochester senior James Young said.
Young helped, leading all scorers with 27 points, including 17 in the second half.
Lahser led 13-7 after the first quarter, but the game soon got away.
"The ball didn't bounce our way; calls didn't go our way. Some things just have to come to an end," Lahser coach Duane Graves said.
Rochester outscored Lahser 16-6 in the second quarter to take a 23-19 lead at the half. The third and fourth quarters were more of the same.
"I think we were playing with some nerves (in the first quarter)," Pleasant said. "We did some things that were out of character, but (Lahser is) a really good team. We're not that much better than them."
The Knights finish the season 17-7 overall.
Rochester goes to 21-4 and plays Detroit Southeastern at 7 p.m. March 19 at Calihan Hall in Detroit.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Brother Rice struggles in opener but earns split at Divine Child in Saturday baseball action - Birmingham
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak