Published September 25, 2013
Regina girls golf team wins county invitational
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
MACOMB TOWNSHIP — The Warren Regina girls golf team was able to withstand some tough competition to win the 2013 Macomb County Invitational, which took place Sept. 16 at Burning Tree Golf Club in Macomb Township.
The Saddlelites notched a score of 355 — 28 strokes better than Macomb Lutheran North’s 383. Regina’s Lucy Cornell led the Saddlelites with an 83, which was also the low score for the tournament. Kendall Graves shot an 85 for Regina, while Lauren Vance and Sydney Russu scored 93 and 94, respectively. The Saddlelites were the only group in the 12-team field to have each player break 100.
The scores of the top four players from each team are factored into the team score.
Katie Humphreys shot an 87 to lead Lutheran North. She was followed by Kelly Murdock (88), Miranda Weatherly (91) and Sydney Martens (117).
Macomb Dakota tallied a 388 to finish third. Utica Eisenhower finished with a 412 to place fourth, with Utica Ford II (436) rounding out the top five.
Fraser’s team shot a 441. Next was Romeo High, which shot a 443. Armada finished with a 448. Utica High notched a 452 to place ninth. Macomb L’Anse Creuse North shot a 461 to complete the top 10. St. Clair Shores Lakeview finished with a 467.
Sterling Heights Stevenson didn’t record a team score. Stevenson golfers Brooke Symons and Alyssa Zepke teed it up for the Titans.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak