Published November 12, 2013
Regina cross country team places seventh at state finals
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
The Warren Regina cross country team finished seventh at the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 2 state finals, which took place Nov. 2 at Michigan International Speedway.
The Saddlelites, which won a D-2 regional Oct. 25 to qualify for the state finals, placed ninth at the finals in 2012.
Regina senior Cassie Bloch finished 11th with a time 19 minutes, 14 seconds to earn All-State honors. The top 30 runners in each state final meet earn All-State status.
The Saddlelites team members are Bloch, sophomore Teresa Diehl, senior Elizabeth Bloch, senior Jenny Ponkowski, sophomore Lauren Valentini, senior Christina Ridella and junior Stephanie Latos.
The Warren De La Salle cross country team placed 26th at the D-1 state finals.
Pilots junior Mickey Davey finished sixth in the boys’ heat to earn All-State status for the second straight year.
The De La Salle runners are Davey, senior Matt Molinaro, junior Aaron Robert, sophomore Nick Scott, senior Jim Stehlin, junior David Ackley and senior John Evans.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak